Italy, Campobasso, Civil Registration, State Archive - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This page details problems identified in this collection and may provide answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question #1: When I try to search this collection and view the images I get a message that the images are not available. How may I view the images?
Answer #1: FamilySearch has limited rights, granted by the record custodians, to publish images from the Italy, Campobasso, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1809-1918 collection for viewing online. Images for this collection are only available for viewing to members of the sponsoring organization (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), and at FamilySearch Centers. It is important to check with your FamilySearch Center before your visit, to verify that the center is equipped with the capability to view these restricted images on www.familysearch.org.
If you have an LDS account and are not able to view images after signing in, it may be due to a registration problem, not an image access problem. Please call 1-866-406-1830 in the United States, or contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief description of the problem and steps taken thus far to resolve the issue.
Question #2: Even when I am signed in, I cannot always view images, but get a message that the images are not available. Is there a way to view these records?
Answer #2: Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 70 years or older, and all death images must be 70 years or older.
If any record on a digital folder contains images that fall within these cut-off dates, they may not be viewed. For example, if birth records that fall within the last 100 years are on the film, the entire digital folder is restricted.
The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Question #3: When I go to print or save an image, the buttons are gray and it will not let me either print or save. Is there a way I can print and/or download from this collection?
Answer #3: There is a no-print/no-save restriction with these collections at the request of the record custodians.
Question #4: Some records are missing or located elsewhere. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #4: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Campobasso > Nati 1841 > Image 159 of 229 is the start of the index, which normally appears at the beginning of the browse points.
- Vinchiaturo > Nati 1849 > Image 4 of 62 is unreadable and unfortunately, the problem originated with the film.
- Vinchiaturo > Nati 1850 > Image 4 of 86 is missing pages 4 and 5 of the index containing index entries 59-96 and unfortunately, the problem originated with the film.
- Vinchiaturo > Nati 1880 is missing the entire index and unfortunately, the problem originated with the film.
Question #5: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #5: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Vinchiaturo > Nati, indice 1869 contains a duplicate index for Morti 1869.
- Vinchiaturo > Nati 1869 contains birth records and their index.
- Vinchiaturo > Matrimoni, pubblicazioni 1869 contains marriage records and their index.
- Vinchiaturo > Matrimoni 1869 contains marriage records and their index.
- Vinchiaturo > Morti 1869 contains death records and their index.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Italy, Campobasso, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1809-1918 > Camochiaro > Diversi 1846, Part 1 > Image 4 of 7.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Italy, Campobasso, Civil Registration, State Archive (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Italy, Campobasso, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1809-1918 collection at FamilySearch.org.