Katahdin Iron Works is an extinct plantation, now an unorganized territory (township) in the Northeast Piscataquis townships of Piscataquis County, Maine. Katahdin Iron Works Plantation was first organized from Township 6 Ninth Range North of the Waldo Purchase (T6 R9 NWP) (also known as the Warren Academy Grant) in 1844, and reorganized in 1856. Katahdin Iron Works has since lost its plantation organization and is now unorganized territory. 
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 70 (digital p. 79). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- ↑ Legal History of Katahdin Iron Works, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 26 June 2013).