Kopervik Parish, Rogaland, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Kopervik, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records. Kopervik is in the Karmøy Region. Other parishes in this region include Karmøy the parishes of Avaldsnes, Kopervik (Stangeland), Skudenes, Skudeneshavn, Torvastad (Torvestad), Falnes, Ferkingstad and Åkra.
|Amt 1689-1919||1662-1682: Stavanger stiftamt, 1682-1919: Stavanger amt|
- Records begin in 1711 when Kopervik parish was included in Avaldsnes clerical district. It included Kopervik parish 1855-1887 which became its own clerical district in 1888. Separate books were kept from 1881 for Kopervik bysogn and Kopervik landsogn (Stangaland) and also for the parish clerks records from 1891. Kopervik clerical district contains priest and sexton records from the parishes Kopervik and Åkra. Kopervik parish was separated from Avaldsnes clerical district in 1887 and together with Åkra parish from Skudenes clerical district became Kopervik clerical district on 1 Jan 1888. Earlier records for Åkra parish burned in 1841. These (Avaldsnes clerical district) and (Kopervik clerical district) records are available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
- Digital images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
- For 1865 and earlier censuses see Avaldsnes
- 1875 census for Avaldsnes/Kopervik Digital Archives
- 1885: A special census for Koppervik exists and is available in a searchable database online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
- 1891: The 1891 census for Koppervik is available in a searchable database online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
- 1900: The 1900 census for Koppervik is available on microfilm at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. It contains the persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. Also available in a searchable database online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
- 1910: The 1910 census for Koppervik is available in a searchable database online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
A genealogy and a history of the people and their farms in Stangaland and Kopervik communities on the island, Karmøy, in Rogaland county, Norway.
Lillehammer, Arnvid, "Stangaland og Kopervik", Karmøy: Utgitt av Bygdebokutvalget i Karmøy, 1985. 948.31/S13 D2L FHL Intl Book
Farm Book on the Internet
Karmøy Genealogy Club is creating an internet accessable listing of the families who have lived on Karmøy. The sources for this website are "Bygdebok for Karmøy," Norges Bybyggelse, notes of Johannes Mjølhus, the church books, probate records, census records, and private family information.
The family listings are by the farm which they lived on. The explanation of the website is in English but the family information is in Norwegian.
You will find a list of all the farms which are found in the modern Karmøy kommune. As the information comes available there will be a link from the table to the information on a specific farm. On the internet you will only find information of those inhabitants who had registered descendants. A more complete listing is found in the office in Skudeneshavn. You can E-mail inquires to Slektsforum.email@example.com.
8 Asaldalen, 7 Austreim, 6 Austreimsneset,
11 Eide Eide ytre,
13 Skaar, 5 Stangeland, 4 Stokke nordre, 1 Stokke søndre, 14 Sund, 3 Søndenaa,
For 1666-1795 the probates are found in Ryfylke og Karmsund judicial district.
For 1793-1901 they are found in Karmsund judicial district.
The clerical probates for 1692-1812 are found in Karmsund deanery.