Loíza, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Loíza family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
It is said that a crown decree from Spain in the 1600s, instructed slaves to be sent to the region of Loíza. In 1692, Loíza was officially declared an urban area. It was in 1719 that the Spanish government declared Loíza an official town. It was founded by Gaspar de Arredondo. After being demoted, it was again established as a municipality on August 16, 1970. Population 30,100. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, Loíza
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Catholic Church Records, 1645-1969, Loíza, browse images
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Loíza, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lo%C3%ADza,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/19/20.