Manitoba Probate Records
|Manitoba Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- 1871-1930 - Manitoba probate records : COLLECTION RECORD, 1871-1930, index and images - at FamilySearch
- 1870-1974 - Manitoba Estate File Index, 1870-1974
- Court Registry Index, 1984 - present
- Manitoba Probate Records 1871-1930 Browse, at FindMyPast, ($)
- Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, Estate Index, 1884-1984, index, at FindMyPast, ($)
- Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada, Estate Index, 1884-1984, index, at FindMyPast, ($)
Archives of Manitoba[edit | edit source]
Wills and probate records pertain to the settlement of an estate for a deceased person including applications, wills, affidavits, property inventories and valuations. Between 1871 and 1982 wills and probate records were kept only at the Surrogate Registrar’s Office in the courthouse of each judicial district in Manitoba. Since 1982, the following wills and probate records are being transferred to the Provincial Archives:
- Wills and probate records over 20 years old from courthouses outside the city of Winnipeg.
- Wills and probate records over 60 years old from the Eastern Judicial District in Winnipeg.
Probate indexes from as early as 1870 to as late as 1984 (depending on the area) can be found online at the Archives of Manitoba. Once the estate file numbers are identified, many wills from 1871-1931 can be viewed in the FamilySearch Manitoba Probate Records collection.
Court of Queen’s Bench, Estate Files 1871-1988[edit | edit source]
The records for the following courts have been transferred to the Archives of Manitoba.
- Brandon 1884-1988
- Portage la Prairie 1884-1984
- Dauphin 1918-1986
- St. Boniface 1908-1962
- Minnedosa 1909-1965
- Winnipeg 1871-1978
- Morden 1902-1965