Mexico, Jalisco, Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This page details problems identified in this collection and may provide answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records (56000).
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Jocotepec > San Francisco de Asís > Bautismos de hijos legítimos 1910-1917 is missing the page with the “S” surnames from the index (Image 26 of 685). The page is not available on the original film.
- Jocotepec > San Francisco de Asís > Matrimonios 1876-1895: 26 images are truncated on the lower one-third, specifically Images: 14, 38, 62, 80, 104, 128, 152, 176, 200, 224, 248, 280, 304, 328, 352, 376, 400, 419, 443, 467, 419, 515, 539, 563, 587, and 611. Order Film 234124 to view the entire images.
- Teocaltiche > Nuestra Señora de los Dolores > Matrimonios 1783-1804 > Image 485 of 596 is missing pages 213-219. The pages are not available on the original film.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Ayotlán > San Agustín > Bautismos de hijos legítimos 1717-1726 year span should read as 1662-1680, 1717-1726. The 1662 records begin on image 174.
- Jalostotitlán > Nuestra Señora de la Asunción > Bautismos de hijos legítimos 1698-1701, 1701-1707, 1694-1702 should read as Bautismos 1694-1710 (años desordenados). The latter group of baptisms begins on image 203.
- Ojuelos > San José > Matrimonios 1798-1829 year span should be 1798-1839. The browse point has been identified as being especially disorganized: Image 5: Libro 1 1803-1812; Image 143: Libro 1 cont’d 1803-1827; Image 280: Libro 2 1827-1839; and Image 494: 1798-1803.
- Tlajomulco de Zúñiga > San Antonio de Padua > Matrimonios 1880-1890 should read as Defunciones 1880-1890.
Question #3: How can I view reversed or rotated images?
Answer #3: In lieu of ordering a film, the best option is to hold a mirror in front of the computer and read the reversed images from the mirror. If the images are rotated, use the rotate option in the Tools until the image is positioned correctly. Below is a list of known browse point discrepancies and their respective film numbers, if available:
- Unión de San Antonio > Señor de la Ascensión > Bautismos 1834-1840 > Images 457 – 466 are backwards and upside down. Order Film 440511 and adjust the film position for viewing if a mirror does not work for you.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
For example: Mexico, Jalisco, Catholic Church Records 1590-1979 > Guadalajara > Diócesis de Guadalajara > Matrimonios 1751 > Image 25 of 801.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the Mexico, Jalisco, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Mexico Jalisco Catholic Church Records, 1590-1979 collection at FamilySearch.org.