New York, County Naturalization Records - Family Search Historical Records/Known Issues
| This page details problems identified in this collection and may provide answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records (56000) .
NOTE: Some record detail pages include a message “No image available” rather than a link to an image. Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to providing access to genealogical records.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- New York > Declaration of intention indexes are currently unavailable online.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Allegany > Petitions for naturalization 1866-1894 and Petitions for naturalization 1894-1900 are Certificates of Citizenship.
- Kings > Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1919 vol 176, no 43601-43850 file numbers should be no 43628-43850.
- New York > Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1920 vol 416, no 103101-103350 > Images 1-266 are pages 155-250 (petitions 103255-103350) and Images 267-677 are pages 1-155 (petitions 103101-103255).
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If searching the collection: please include the name of the collection, and all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
- For example: New York, County Naturalization Records, 1791-1980 > Broome > Declarations of intention 1880-1895 > Image 11 of 1535.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the New York, County Naturalization Records (Family Search Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the New York, County Naturalization Records, 1791-1980 collection at FamilySearch.org.