Ogden FamilySearch Library
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Purpose[edit | edit source]
- Ogden FamilySearch Library is a branch of FamilySearch - Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah (United States).  The Library provides resources to assist you in the research and study of your genealogy and family history by:
- Providing personal one-on-one assistance to patrons
- Helping all patrons readily identify and link their ancestors by providing personal instruction and classes.
- Providing access to genealogical records through the Internet or through some on site microfilms.
Click HERE for what may be found at the Ogden FamilySearch Library[edit | edit source]
- Contact information, holiday schedule, and location
- Upcoming Conferences and summer activities
- Current Class Schedule
- Contact method for group tours or classes
- Temple and Family History Consultant information
- Monthly newsletter
- Boy Scout workshops
- YSA Missionary opportunities
- Microfilm access and on-site films
- Service opportunities
- Links to popular family history and genealogical web sites
- Training blogs
Repositories[edit | edit source]
Local Resources[edit | edit source]
Repositories with significant Latter-day Saint collections[edit | edit source]
- Center for Family History and Genealogy, Provo.
- Family History Library, Salt Lake City, 450 computers, 3,400 databases, 3.1 million microforms, 4,500 periodicals, 310,000 books of worldwide family and local histories, civil, church, immigration, ethnic, military, Mormon records.
- Church History Library, Salt Lake City, LDS history 1830-now: diaries, *CensureBlock*s, Church records, photographs, oral history, architectural drawings, pamphlets, newspapers, periodicals, maps, microforms, audiovisual material
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Salt Lake City, the Museum displays artifacts, and the History Department collects and preserves about 100,000 histories of pioneers who set out for, settled, or were born in Utah by 10 May 1869.
- Utah State Historical Society, Salt Lake City, family histories, photographs, books, *CensureBlock* collections, directories, maps, newspapers, yearbooks, and periodicals are available in the Research Center and online.
Neighboring repositories[edit | edit source]
- Utah State Archives, SLC, newspaper, death, land, court, history, naturalization, military, directories, criminal.
- Utah State University, Logan, Special Collections and Archives local historical and biographical sources.
- University of Utah, SLC, history, biography, newspapers, government documents, and Western Americana.
- United States District Court of Utah federal court records.
- Utah County Court local court records.
- Provo City Library, history, newspapers, obituaries, cemeteries, FamilySearch, HeritageQuest, death certificates.
- Salt Lake City Public Library Utah newspapers on microfilm, and genealogical databases.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The large centers, previously called multi-stake or regional centers, are now called FamilySearch Libraries.
- "Church History Library and Archives" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [Internet site] at http://www.lds.org/churchhistory/library (accessed 18 October 2008).
- "Pioneer Museum" and "History Department" pages in International Society ~ Daughter of Utah Pioneers [Internet site] at http://www.dupinternational.org/ (accessed 18 October 2008).
- "Research Center and Collections" and "Collections Available at the Research Center" in Utah State History [Internet site] at http://history.utah.gov/research_and_collections/index.html (accessed 18 October 2008).