Roxbury, Washington County, Vermont Genealogy
Roxbury, at the southern extremity of Washington County, fifteen miles from Montpelier, was chartered on August 6, 1781 by the Vermont Legislature. The town was organized on March 24, 1796. The town consists of the villages of East Roxbury, Roxbury, and Roxbury Flat. The population was 691 at the 2010 census.  
- West Brookfield and thereabouts, including Braintree & Roxbury history, A.W. Wakefield (2009) - find this book in a library.
- The history of the towns of Plainfield, Roxbury and Fayston, Abby Maria Hemenway, 1828-1890 - view a digital copy of this book online.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Roxbury is Washington.
Washington District Probate Court
10 Elm St. #3
Montpelier, VT 05602
Phone: (802) 828-3405
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Roxbury. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Washington County, website at this link.
- Orcutt Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Roxbury Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Roxbury First Settlers Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- West Hill - First Settlers Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Roxbury Cemetery Records, early to 1870, are available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Roxbury Town Clerk's Office. These include Town and vital records, 1796-1851; index to vital records, early to 1951, Town records, 1762-1908, and Deeds, 1796-1851; index to deeds, 1796-1870.
Roxbury Town Clerk
PO Box 53
1664 Roxbury Rd.
Roxbury, VT 05669
Email: email: email@example.com
Libraries and Historical Societies
Roxbury Free Library
P.O. Box 95
1491 Roxbury Road
Roxbury, VT 05669
- Roxbury, VT History - Roxbury, VT Town Office - http://www.roxbury.govoffice2.com/
- Town of Roxbury - http://sites.rootsweb.com/~vermont/WashingtonRoxbury.html