Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records, 1519-1527
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Cuidad Real, Spain|
|Flag of the Kingdom of Spain|
|Flag of Ciudad Real Province|
|Location of Cuidad Real, Spain|
|Location of Spain|
|Record Type:||Municipal Record|
|Title in the Language:||España, Provincia de Ciudad Real, Registros Municipales|
|Archivo Histórico Provincial de Cuidad Real|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection includes the 1519 and 1527 census records for the city and parish of Almadén in the province of Ciudad Real.
This collection is being published as images become available.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Spain, Municipal Records - FamilySearch Historical Records.
Reading These Records
These records are written in Spanish. For help reading these records please see the following:
- Spanish Genealogical Word List
- BYU Spanish Script Tutorial
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
If you speak Spanish, the following free online lesson may be helpful to learn how to use the information in these records:
- Registros Civiles y Parroquiales – Spanish
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records, 1519-1527.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Nationality or place of origin
For additional details about these records and help using them see Spain, Municipal Records - FamilySearch Historical Records.
How Do I Search This Collection?
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select City or Municipality
- Select Parish
- Select Record Type and Years to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records, 1519-1527. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each partner to find a couple's birth records and parents' names
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate church records Spain, Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
- Use the parents' birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family
- Use the marital status (whether a divorce or death dissolved a marriage) to identify previous marriages
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Generally the ages of the adults are given and often those of children are also included
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have lived in the same area or a nearby area
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?
- A boundary change could have occurred that changed where records were kept. If you are unable to find your ancestor(s) in these civil registers, then try searching in the areas surrounding Cuidad Real
- Church records are also a good substitute when birth, marriage, and death records can’t be found or are unavailable
- Or your ancestor immigrated to another country. Search the records of nearby areas or immigration/emigration records with the help of Spain Emigration and Immigration
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names. Transcription errors could occur in any handwritten record; also, it was not uncommon for an individual be listed under a nickname or an abbreviation of their name. Click here for a list of Spanish name abbreviations
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Spain.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.