St George Utah FamilySearch Center
|St George Utah FamilySearch Center|
|237 East 600 South|
St. George, Utah 84770
|Monday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm|
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Discovery Center Experience
- Use the large interactive display screens to discover more about yourself as you visualize your family tree in unique ways.
- ALL ABOUT ME - What's so special about my birth year? Discover what was happening in the world the day you were born.
- WHERE I COME FROM - How in the world did I get here? View the geographical origins of your ancestors.
- PICTURE MY STORY - How would I look in my ancestor's clothing? Superimpose a picture of you onto the cultural clothes of your ancestors.
- RECORD MY STORY - What are my favorite memories? Capture your memories in this state-of-the-art story studio. Group and individual booths are available.
- Preparation for Visitors. To experience the Discovery Center, you will need a free FamilySearch account and at least a four-generation Family Tree. Be sure to bring your account username and password with you.
- If you need a new FamilySearch account, please click on this link - Setting Up a FamilySearch Account.
- Reservations for the Discovery Center are required for groups of 6 or more. This helps us to better prepare to serve you. Click here to Make A Discovery Center Reservation.
YSA Monday Evening Family Activity Hour
- The Center offers all YSAs Family History - Family Activities every hour from 3:00 to 7:00 pm.
- LEARN, USE and BENEFIT from one or more of the following:
- FamilySearch Tree phone APP
- FamilySearch Memories phone APP
- FamilySearch Fan Chart
- FamilySearch Simplified
- No reservations needed
- The Center is staffed with volunteers who specialize in family history research specific to different areas of the world. These specialists will assist you with foreign languages and cultures. They can show you how to access geographical information and help you focus your research efforts.
- FamilySearch provides the Center with access to premium genealogical and historical websites free of charge, i.e, Ancestry.com, MyHeritage, FindMyPast, American Heritage, 19th Century British Library Newspaper Archive, and many more. Select FamilySearch Premium Sites for a listing of all offerings.
- The FamilySearch Community provides a place you can ask questions and receive solutions to many different inquiries across several collaborative groups as well as the FamilySearch staff. To access this Community click here
Family Search Daily Classes
- The Center has Family History classes available daily at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. No reservation is needed. Click the current month class schedule at the top of this page for a listing of class topics.
- Class Outlines and Handouts should be printed prior to coming to class. Please remember to also bring your login name and password information.
- The classrooms and instructors can be reserved by stake, ward, family, or special interest groups.
- To make a reservation for a group, click here Make A Classroom Reservation for a Group.
Photo Scanning Equipment
- The Center has the following equipment available to you:
- Flatbed Scanner. Excellent for books, documents, certificates, and items with thick bindings. Individually scans multiple pictures from a single page.
- Batch Picture Scanner. Uses a feed tray which allows items to be scanned much faster than on the flatbed.
- Slide Scan. Automatically scans 35mm slides from a standard slide carousel.
- Lexmark Color Copier/Printer/Scanner. Converts multiple page documents into a single pdf file. This is ideal for preserving and sharing typewritten family histories.
- To schedule the use of this equipment click here or call (435) 673-4591.
- Old, historical photos that have been folded, torn or color faded through aging can be restored. If you have a photograph to restore
- (1) Scan it to make a digital copy (For an example of photo restoration click here)
- (2) Send the digital image file via e-mail to email@example.com
- (3) Reference in the e-mail that you are using this service at the St. George FamilySearch Center.
- Please do not send more than 3 photographs at one time.
Record Your Story (Recording booths)
- There is one Group Family Story Booth and two Individual Story Booths available for video and audio recording of your family stories.
- Our Story Booth is a professional recording studio with state of the art audio and video recording equipment to capture your stories, testimonies, and interviews for your posterity. You may want to use these for recording returning missionaries stories of their mission and/or them bearing testimony, new members telling about their conversion and/or baptism, children interviewing parents and grandparents, primary children answering basic gospel questions, your oral history and so much more.
- Select the following link to see further instructions and suggestions on how to prepare to use this part of our facility. Suggestions for Recording Your Story
- Print this script page in preparation for your visit Record My Story Guide
- Reservations for a Story Booth can be scheduled by calling the FamilySearch Center at 435-673-4591, but generally reservations are not required.
Children Play Area and Kitchen Facility
- There is a story and play area for small children which is surrounded by computer workstations where parents can work on their family history without leaving their children unattended.
- A break room is available with a refrigerator and microwave oven.
New at the FamilySearch Center
- Be sure to provide Feedback through the newly installed Happy or Not Feedback kiosks by each door as you exit. We would like to be continually improving the experience for all of those who come seeking help in finding their ancestors. Help us to help you and everyone else by letting us know how your experience went. Thanks!
- This FamilySearch center does NOT have microfilm readers. If you need a microfilm reader, the Bloomington Utah Family History Center located in Sun River at 4461 Country Club Drive, Saint George, Utah 84790 (435-656-9015) has microfilm capability.
Lost and Found
- Check with the front counter if you believe you have left items during a previous visit. We have a number of items which include:
- Documents of all kinds, USB drives, glasses, jewelry, photographs, other types of documents and papers and more.
- For a link to photos that have been left at the center click here/
- No food or drink is permitted in the Center, except for bottled water or a water container with a secure cap.
- To access the Training Manuals for the Instructors click here
- To access the Training Manuals for the Missionaries click here
Other links of interest
- To access the Scottish Clan Young Society website click here
Last modified: 2/17/2020 by: Elder B Hales