|Suffolk Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Gazetteers and Directories[edit | edit source]
- Historical Gazetteers and Directories of Suffolk - Searchable Data Library a University of Leicester Project
- Robson's Commercial Directory, 1839
- Kelly's Directory of Suffolk, 1900
- History, Gazetteer & Directory of Suffolk, 1891-2
- Other Local and regional directories --1850, 1877, 1869, 1892, 1901, 1909
- 1865 Post Office Directory of Suffolk and Norfolk - (free google ebook)
- 1896 Kelly's Directory of Suffolk - (free google ebook)
William White[edit | edit source]
"HISTORY, GAZETTEER, AND DIRECTORY OF SUFFOLK And The Towns Near its Borders comprising Under a Lucid Arrangment of Subjects. A General Survey of the County, and separate Histories, & Statistical & Topographical Description of all the Hundreds, Liberties, Unions; Boroughs, Towns, Ports, Parishes, Townships, Villages, & Hamlets Shewing Their Extent and Population...."
- William White, 1844, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Suffolk (free google ebook)
- William White, 1855, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Suffolk (free google ebook)
- William White, 1874, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Suffolk (free google ebook)
The England Gazetteers do not list as much detail and principal residents of the parishes as the Suffolk Gazetteers do. Also consult Vision of Britain which has maps, statistical trends and historical descriptions.
|Project members: Use a combination of sources to create a short history; using gazetteers, census population data, history books, and websites focusing on the eighteenth and nineteenth century’s. Use resource material found in the Resource and Reference sections of the parish pages. Refer to Suffolk Talk Page for details.|
Also consult the WikiProject English Parish page for advise.