Talk:Maryland, United States Genealogy
Information to add to this article
To help authors revise articles, we've posted a page that lists headings the wiki community vetted and finds useful. These headings serve as helpful prompts to remind an author of the kinds of information a patron might want to know about a record. The list of headings appears in FamilySearch Wiki:Headings for Articles about Records.
Ritcheymt 15:47, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
old info to put on other pages by danielle
- Maryland State Archives has state and county records, land, probate, vital records, & indexes since 1634.
- Three-fourth of the colonists arrived in bondage as a slave, convict, or indentured servant
- Some MD colonial wills were sent to England or Scotland for probate
- Want to locate an historic place in Maryland such as learning which county a town was in? Fisher's 1852 Gazetteer of the State of Maryland is on Google Books.
- Maryland Genealogy (located on Sailor: Maryland's Public Information Network)
- The websites of any Maryland county association (such as a county genealogical society) are listed on the county pages linked above.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.