Texas State Genealogical Society
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:46, 27 August 2010 by Kaufmansusan (Created page with '===== [http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsgs/TXSGS-New/index.htm http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsgs/TXSGS-New/index.htm] ===== ===== HISTORY AND MISSION ===== ===== Th…')
- 1 http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsgs/TXSGS-New/index.htm
- 2 HISTORY AND MISSION
- 3 The Texas State Genealogical Society [TSGS] was founded on November 28, 1960, in Fort Worth, Texas, and is incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas as an educational and literary corporation.
- 4 The TSGS is organized and operated as a non-profit tax-exempt Section 501(c)(3) as defined by the Internal Revenue Service and eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.
- 5 The purpose of TSGS is to promote, assist, develop, and conserve the genealogical and historical resources of Texas and to cooperate with local, regional, and statewide groups in promoting an awareness of the need to preserve family heritage.
- 6 Membership to the TSGS is open to Individuals, Societies, Libraries, Museums and Family Surname Associations.
- 7 ANNUAL CONFERENCE 5 - 6 NOVEMBER, WACO, TX
- 8 2010 is the 50th anniversary of the Texas State Genealogical Society.
- 9 Join us in Waco, Texas for our annual conference featuring Barbara Vines Little. 5 - 6 November, 2010 at the Waco Hilton.
- 10 For more information and a registration form visit:http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsgs/TXSGS-New/Pages/Conference.htm