User:Carolbmoss/Sandbox:Recipe 5 Cornaby
Find family members in the U.S. Census records. Verify information with vital records.
Step 1. Search for your ancestor in the1900 U.S. Census
- Use the ancestor's name, birth year and birth place for a successful search.
- When searching for a woman, use her married name.
- Always look at the original record, not just the index or transcript.
Step 2: Verify the family information you find in the census with vital records,
- Look in Indiana Marriages, 1811-1959 for the parents' marriage.
- Look for a child's marriage. It could list the parents' names.
Step 3: Add new information to Family Tree.
- Add any newly found spouses and children to the Family Tree.
- Prepare temple work by clicking on green arrows found in the Tree.
- Follow the directions on the page.
- Be sure and check for any possible duplicates.