User:Carolbmoss/Sandbox:Recipe 8 Wynn
Find family members in the U.S. Census records.
It is often necessary to search several censuses to find and prove relationships.
- Establish the parents and children of this family in the earliest censuses where they can be found.
- Always look at the original record, not just the index or transcript.
Step 2. Search for your ancestor in the 1880 U.S. Census.
- Look for married children with a parent living with them by searchng for the parent's name.
Tip: Parents are often found in the census records living with their married children. It is a good way to substantiate relationships and find additional family members.
Step 3: Add new information to Family Tree.
- Add any newly found family members to the Family Tree.
- Be sure and check for any possible duplicates found in the Family Tree.
- Prepare temple work by clicking on green arrows found in the Tree and follow the directions on the page.