User group meeting agenda 13 January 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Proposing ideas for this agenda[edit | edit source]
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Administrative items[edit | edit source]
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Prayer --
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
Information items[edit | edit source]
- Ann Roach will present information about the use of Adobe Connect.
Discussion items[edit | edit source]
New Items[edit | edit source]
- Maryland Barn Raising Tasks needs more people to sign up to write. (Michael)
- Need a community member to do a MD barn raising task: Write page on major data sites for U.S. research. (Please contact Michael @ 801-240-2071.)
- Need community member to start linking wiki pages to data sets in FamilySearch Record Search. (Michael)
- The need for a project: Linking to digitized books -- first those on the BYU/FHL project, then on Google Books and elsewhere.
- I received a notice from my watchlist and the question came up - are email addresses allowed on the Wiki as shown in several instances - Australia Societies? dsammy 03:14, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Carryover from Previous Meetings[edit | edit source]
- Need community member to write a page on proper etiquette for doing roll-backs on the FamilySearch Wiki. (Michael)
- Demo by Thomas Lerman or his designee -- Proper internal links, including external links to internal pages.
I will not be able to attend until after my mechanic is able to replace my radiator. Is this necessary with the changes make to Create an internal link and Create an external link including videos? External links to internal pages are just the full URL (no other way around that). Thomas Lerman 22:15, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Also see the discussion page for the meeting held 30 December 2008, there are some items there that have merit time permitting. Also along that line, see http://www.paperofrecord.com/ (also see this meeting's discussion page).