Utah, Juab County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Utah, Juab County Records,1847-1948
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Juab, Utah, |
|Flag of Utah|
|Location of Juab County, Utah|
|Location of Utah|
|Juab County Recorder. Juab County Courthouse, Nephi, Utah|
- 1 What Is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What Is in This Collection?
The collection consists of images to land and probate records located at the Juab County Courthouse in Nephi for the years 1847 to 1948. This collection is being published as images become available.
County officials began keeping records from the time the county was formed or shortly thereafter. Each type of record within the county was created for a different purpose, but most were created to keep track of the vital events happening in the lives of the citizens and to safeguard their legal interests as well as those of their heirs. The records are generally reliable, but may not contain complete information.
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Utah, Juab County Records,1847-1948.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of testator or deceased
- Names of interested parties and witnesses
- Event year
- Event place
- Names of family members such as spouse, children, and other relatives or friends
- Document and recording dates (Sometimes the date of death will be given. Recording dates are also used to approximate event dates, i.e. a letter of administration was usually written shortly after the time of death.)
- Date of transaction
- Legal description of the property
- Monies exchanged
- Details of the transaction
|Land and property||Abstract of lands||1878-1920|
|Land and property||Abstract of lots||1878-1922|
|Land and property||Abstract of mining claims||1870-1918|
|Land and property||Abstract of title||1902-1920|
|Land and property||Abstract of town lots||1868-1918|
|Land and property||Certificate register||1893-1909|
|Land and property||Chattel mortgages||1895-1910|
|Land and property||Deed index (general)||1881-1890|
|Land and property||Deed index (grantee)||1889-1925|
|Land and property||Deed index (grantor)||1888-1925|
|Land and property||Deeds||1897-1922|
|Land and property||Land patents||1881-1922|
|Land and property||Mechanics' liens, official bonds||1886-1907|
|Land and property||Mining abstract index||1870-2000|
|Land and property||Mining claim index||1870-1930|
|Land and property||Mining claims register||1870-1910|
|Land and property||Mining patents||1902-1914|
|Land and property||Mining records||1889-1919|
|Land and property||Misc||1901-1948|
|Land and property||Mortgages, Nephi irrigation||1884-1913|
|Land and property||Mortgages, townsite land claims||1869-1870|
|Land and property||Mortgages townsite lots||1871-1892|
|Land and property||Mortgages||1880-1942|
|Land and property||Mortgages, water and land claims||1864-1869|
|Land and property||Official bonds and mechanics liens||1907-1930|
|Land and property||Powers of attorney||1891-1913|
|Land and property||Proofs of labor||1909-1919|
|Land and property||Water claims||1887-1916|
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- The name of a parent or date of the event
Search the Index
|This collection does not have a searchable index. Only images are available. See View the Images to access them.|
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Record Category
- Select Record Type, Record Description to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information to your records
- Use a Probate record to identify adoptions, guardians, heirs and relatives
- Use a probate record to approximate a death date, then find a death certificate
- For earlier years, use the probate record to substitute for civil birth and death records
- Use the information found in the record to find church and vital records such as birth, baptism and marriage records
- Use the information found in the record to find immigration and land records
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in censuses
- Church Records were kept years before counties began keeping records. They are a good source for finding ancestors before 1900
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?
- Consult the Utah Record Finder to find other records
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby town or county
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well
- Check the info box above for additional FamilySearch websites and related websites that may assist you in finding similar records
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Utah.
- Utah Guided Research
- Utah Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1905 | 1900-Present
Related Family History Library Holdings
- Juab County. land and property records, 1857-1984
- Juab County, wills, 1861-1888
- Juab County, probate case files, 1883-1955
- Juab County. probate registers, 1883-1966; index 1883-1965
- Juab County. tax records, 1912-1928
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.