För att be om redigering av rättigheter på Wiki, klicka här.
FamilySearch Wiki:Använda wikin i ett släktforskningscenter
The Research Wiki is an incredible resource for you as you help in a FamilySearch Center. As a director or consultant, you know a great deal about family history. But you can't know how to research everywhere - and as a consultant, you could get a question about research anywhere in the world.
The Research Wiki will help you with that. It can:
· Guide you as you help patrons with researching in any area.
· Let others know about the resources available at your center.
· Capture your knowledge so that consultants across the world can benefit from your own experience.
· Serve as an excellent training tool for FamilySearch Center Missionaries and Volunteers, so they are all giving patrons the same information
· The Wiki allows a Center to have access to a large amount of information on how to research, records in cities, counties, states and countries without having to have the information on site physically.
Fördelar med att använda FamilySearch Wiki[redigera | redigera wikitext]
Easy to use · Invites collaboration
· A great place to get free Family History Research advice
· Using Place Search - learn more about the place your ancestors lived
· Accessible from anywhere with a web connection
· Contains Instructions on how to find, use and analyze records that are genealogically useful. ·
· It has Historical definitions of legal terms, occupations and other terms that are useful to genealogists.
· It is instantaneous so there is no need to wait for a publisher to create a new edition or update information.
Forskningsassistans[redigera | redigera wikitext]
In the Wiki, you will find:
- Links to record collections where your ancestor's information could be found.
- Research advice for how to approach research problems.
You won't search for individuals in the Wiki - instead, search for places and topics to discover the records that could contain your ancestors' information.
To use the Wiki in searching for an ancestor:
- Think about what you want to know about the ancestor
- Consider the location where that event may have happened
- Think about other records that may possibly contain the information you need
- Work backward, rather than forward (look for a death record before searching for a marriage record)
- Think about the record trail that we all leave behind
For more help finding your ancestor click on this link Finding an ancestor using the Wiki
FamilySearch is sponsoring Genealogy Research Communities. These communities create a place where you can get assistance with your research questions. Check out both the Live Research Assistance and Facebook Communities. FamilySearch Research Help Communities
Fallstudier i Wikin[redigera | redigera wikitext]
- The following case studies show how researchers used the Wiki to lead them to further information about their ancestors. Click on the case you would like to view.
- Each of these cases involved different research needs, methods of searching, and results. They are good examples of how the Wiki can be used to help find information that would lead:to the desired results.
Bygg en sida för ditt FamilySearch släktforskningscenter[redigera | redigera wikitext]
- FamilySearch Centers in FamilySearch.org will take patrons to your Wiki page. Be sure to fill in your FamilySearch Center page on the Wiki as soon as possible so you can be ready!
- For help in adding details to your Center page click here
- If you would like more help, please send us an email at Support@familysearch.org with Wiki in the title.
Wiki-tränare[redigera | redigera wikitext]
A valuable tool for a family history center can be your Wiki trainer. See information regarding these trainers on the Help page for them. You will also find helpful instructions and guidance for your trainer on this page.
Om FamilySearch Wiki[redigera | redigera wikitext]
Looking for an ancestor? The FamilySearch Wiki has 727 pages about records, localities, subjects and methods that can help you find your ancestors. Articles are written by community members like you, working together to create an online-library of information which will eventually enable all members of the community to discover precious details about their families. From the novice to the professional, everyone knows something that can help someone else. As we work together, we will find our ancestors!
Bidra till Wikin[redigera | redigera wikitext]
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here:
- Check out these links: